New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

New Wave Round 1

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Totally Industrial Tuesday

This type of music is my absolute favorite. Dark and electric. Call it what you will, (goth, Industrial, electronic etc.) I will always be extremely fond of this type. I started getting into Industrial while in an suburban high school where all the girls liked the preppy garbage and tried to look like Tiffany or Debbie Gibson, while the guys all wore polo golf shirts and deck shoes like Huey Lewis or George Michael. (you know, pretty boy stuff, YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Even though I play that type of music while DJ'ing, I really loath it. When someone finally knows music and requests some 80's music that is not heard on the radio and only heard UNDERGROUND, I jump at the chance to play it.

I made an industrial (more of the reconizable type), a few weeks ago, called "On The Darker Side. You can check it out here. This time around, some industrial many of you may not recognize. I think it is a great mix and have listened to this mix over and over again, so many times, that my wife is getting sick of me. She thinks that I am suffering from depression. I told her this music is dark just like my soul (HA HA HA HA HA)

In this mix, I really dig the stolen base line from Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" on
Kaw-Liga by the Residents. They give a new meaning to "Let's make fun of pop music"

Here is the tracks used for this mix.........

1. Lord Of Acid - I Sit On Acid (Original 12" Version)
2. Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole
3. Poesie Noire - Pity For The Self
4. A Split Second - Rigor Mortis
5. Severed Heads - Dead Eyes Open (12" Version)
6. Skinny Puppy - Testure
7. Nitzer Ebb - Join In The Chant (Razormaid Remix)
8. MCL - New York (Razormaid Remix)
9. Ministry - All Day
10. Moev - Crucify Me
11. Renegade Soundwave - Phantom
12. Residents - Kaw-Liga
13. Front 242 - Headhunter (Razormaid Remix)
14. CCCP - American Soviets
15. My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Do You Fear For Your Child
16. Revolting Cocks - We Shall Cleanse The World (LP Version)

Click here for the Mix: INDUSTRIAL MIX 2
Click here for the individual tracks: INDUSTRIAL INDIVIDUAL TRACKS

Keep it dark
DJ Shooter

No comments: